Tuesday 4 February 2014

Counting my Blessings!

This week I am counting my blessings - just over a week ago, I was overcome with frustration.  Thanks to some tactful intervention by someone who knew exactly what he needed to do, I was able to put that situation into God's hands and the load was immediately lightened.  I have much to be thankful for and most of all, for friends who are supporting me in various ways, including through prayer.

How often do we stop to count our blessings?  When the going is good, it's only too easy to become complacent and assume we're in much more complete control than we actually are.  So many things are beyond our control and we can at any point find ourselves brought to a grinding halt as our defences are overwhelmed, a bit like the flood defences in some parts of the country.

Let us all take time out and count our blessings, and maybe just as the old hymn suggests, it will surprise us what the Lord has done.




No comments:

Post a Comment