Sunday 20 July 2014

A Special Day

Today's the day when I shall be accredited as one of Mr Wesley's preachers.  It's a day I have been working towards for three years, since I went 'on note' in July 2011.  It's going to be memorable, emotional, possibly even life-changing as I make promises before people from around the circuit and beyond at Bush Hill Park Methodist Church.

It's an awesome experience to sense God's call to such a ministry - it's also a huge responsibility.  I go forward confident of the guidance of the Holy Spirit and confident that I will be able to spread the Good News and inspire others.

Such a journey cannot be made without help.  For me, the most amazing support has been given to me by my husband Peter.  He has loved and supported me through my many hours of study, service preparation and by taking me to the various services around the circuit.  My mentor Margaret, who will reach 50 years as an accredited local preacher in 2015.  My tutor, Sandra Rose, who has been busy in the background offering encouragement, marking assignments and ensuring I had my assessed services at the appropriate times.  My Church family at Goffs Oak Methodist Church who love and support  me as resident local preacher and Senior Steward.  Our circuit ministers - especially Inez Reid (minister at Goffs Oak from 2010 until 2013, and our current minister Alan Combes who has encouraged, supported and guided me through the latter year of my training.  Also thank you to many friends, old and new and to the congregations of the Enfield Circuit who have been consistent in offering the warmest of welcomes.


No comments:

Post a Comment