Saturday 11 January 2014

2014 a new year and a new way forward

I can't say that I wasn't warned about the dangers of burn-out and just before Christmas, I came perilously close.  I won't be that lucky a second time, so with wise words from a trusted friend, I am going forward with a different mindset.  More time out, more quietness, more time for reflection.

2014 promises to be an exciting year as I get ever closer to completing Faith and Worship, the training course for Methodist local preachers.  Now near the end of Unit 16, with just one more unit to go.

I read this morning that when we allow busyness to take over our lives, God can get squeezed out.  Well, hopefully my new way forward will mean a closer relationship with God and my process of discernment can continue in a much more sensitive and spiritually uplifting way.

No comments:

Post a Comment