Sunday 12 January 2014

Thoughts at Bedtime

I had a lovely time at St John this morning, and a challenging message for the first official meeting of the Inspire Bible Fellowship at Goffs Oak.  We all need to be challenged sometimes.  I have certainly been challenged by the events of recent weeks.  Too much thinking time must surely be as bad as not enough!  I found myself wrestling with things in a new way, it was very moving.

God doesn't call the qualified, he qualifies the called.  I guess this is all part of my preparation for the challenges ahead, whatever they may be.


1 comment:

  1. This was my take on the Baptism story this morning - John felt unqualified to baptise Jesus but did as requested and ended up being told he was the greatest of all prophets.
    Surely a challenge not to let our feelings of inadequacy hold us back from our God appointed mission.

    ReplyDelete